Midway Fire District #35
Note: All information has been supplied by this fire department.
The Midway Fire District of Gulf Breeze has put together a Hazardous Materials/Special Operations team.
Currently, the only Haz-Mat teams in the area are on military bases and a regional team out of Ft. Walton Beach. Response from these agencies to this area will take a great amount of time. Having a team at Midway will greatly reduce the response time to Santa Rosa and Escambia counties.
"Fifteen of our twenty one employees are Haz-Mat technicians, and all personnel will be trained in special operations," says Midway Fire Chief Steve Demeter. "Haz-Mat techs were put through 160 hours of strenuous Hazardous Materials training and many are pursuing voluntary state certification."
This specialized team will be an important addition to providing Advanced Life Support (Paramedics) service to Midway and will be another giant step in increasing the services we provide to local customers and neighbors.
We have the following apparatus:
- Engine - 1250 GPM pump and 1000 Gallon Tank
- Engine - 1250 GPM pump with 1000 Gallon Tank
- Aerial Truck - 1000 GPM pump and 400 gallon tank with 50 foot telesquirt
- Rescue Boat - 14 foot Zodiac
- Rescue Truck - Six Air Packs with cascade system
- Station Vehicle - 1996 Jeep Cherokee
- Chief's Car - 1995 Ford Crown Victoria
- The Department is equipped with Jaws of Life, Automatic External Defibrillators, Oxygen Kits and Medical Supplies