Library card registration is currently only available at any of the five county library locations. You may obtain an application at your library or
click here to print, complete and take to your library. For more information, please
call your library at 981-READ (7323).
All applicants must comply with the following:
Library cards will be issued at no charge to:
- Adult applicants (18 yrs. or older) must present photo ID.
- Adult applicants must present two pieces of address verification.
(An updated driver license counts as both a photo ID and one piece of address verification.)
- Exception: Military must present one piece of address verification.
- Address verification documents include a valid Florida driver license, voter registration card, utility statement, bank statement,
or current mail (in the applicant's name) received at the applicant's address.
- Library cards will only be issued to the person who is filling out the application-not to other adult household members.
- Parents/guardians may apply for their minor children provided the children are present when the application is being completed.
- All applicants under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present when applying for a library card. A parent/guardian signature and
verifying documentation are required.
- Santa Rosa County Residents
- Two pieces of SRC residency verification are required.
- Active Duty Military
- Includes family members who reside at same address
- Military ID must be presented.
- One piece of SRC residency verification is required.
- Pensacola Beach Residents:
- Includes PB property owners who can verify property ownership
- Two pieces of Pensacola Beach residency verification are required.
- Library cards are valid for one (1) year.
- Library cards may be renewed annually if all accounts at the address are clear.
- Temporary Residents:
- Must verify intent to reside in Santa Rosa County for at least three months.
- Must provide verification of temporary SRC residence, permanent residence, and length of stay.
- Are issued temporary cards that are valid for six (6) months and may be renewed once, provided all library materials have been
returned and no fees are owed.
- Who return annually and are in good standing may reactivate existing cards with verifying documentation.
- Non-Santa Rosa County Residents (Property Owners)
- Persons who pay property taxes in Santa Rosa county and can verify property ownership-SRC Property Appraiser website or a current
property tax statement or receipt. Library cards are valid for one (1) year only and may be reactivated (for one year) provided all
accounts at the address are clear and proof of continued ownership of property in Santa Rosa County is found on the Santa Rosa county
Property Appraiser's website.
- All other Non-Santa Rosa County residents are charged an annual $50.00 fee.
Replacement library cards are issued once the patron has shown proof of current residency and paid a $3.00 replacement fee.