Create PDF
Approved Apr 17, 2001 - Stormwater Task Force Minutes

April 17, 2001

The Santa Rosa County Stormwater Task Force met on the above date with the following members present: Chairman Geoffrey Maddux, Alan Miller, Debbie Dawsey, Wayne Newsome, and Vernon Compton. Dr. Joe Lepo, County Administrator Hunter Walker, County Engineer Roger Blaylock and Zoning and Planning Director Kristen Andersen were also present. Chairman Maddux called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.

Newsome moved approval of March 13, 2001 minutes, which was seconded by Miller and carried by unanimous vote.

The Stormwater Task Force board met and discussed a draft outline dated Friday, 13 April, 2001. Changes were made as follows:

I.  INTRODUCTION
Line three, replace County with older development.
Line four, replace Walton with Okaloosa.
The board agreed that paragraph two under Introduction should define stormwater.
The board agreed that paragraph three under Introduction would state why with the Task
Force was created and who it consisted of

1.1  Current status of activities
Lepo asked Blaylock and Andersen to write a sentence or two regarding: 1. County Master Plan / GIS initiative; 2. County Sewer Program; 3. NPDES programs within the County.

2.1  Creation of Task Force and Appointment Process
The board agreed that 2.1 should be included in section 1 and numbered it 1.2. Line two, replace allowed two with appointed.
Under members selected: The board agreed to include the Commissioner who appointed each member: Geoffrey Maddux was appointed by Dawsey; Vernon Compton was appointed by Mapoles; Carla Cook was appointed by Williamson, Mark Cotton was appointed by Williamson, Debbie Dawsey was appointed by Dawsey, Steve Duncan was appointed by Lundin and Salter, Frances Dunham was appointed by Campbell, John Harper was appointed by Lundin and Salter, Kathi Martin was appointed by Lee, Alan Miller was appointed by Williamson, Wayne Newsome was appointed by Lee, Jack Sanborn was appointed by Mapoles and Dr. Enid Sisskin was appointed by Campbell.

2.  MASTER PLAN
The board agreed to move section 2.1 Accountability into section 1 and number it 1.3.
Newsome agreed to write a section on Accountability.

2.1  Funding Sources
Maddux agreed to write a section on funding sources and sales tax.

2.2  Quantity Problems
The board agreed that Quantity Problems is covered in the Master Plan.

2.3  Mapping of Impermeable Surfaces
The board agreed that Mapping of Impermeable Surfaces is covered in the Master Plan.

2.4  Identification and Characterization of Outfalls
The board agreed that Identification and Characterization of Outfalls is covered in the Master Plan.

2.5  Stormwater Master Plan
Newsome agreed to write a section concerning the Stcrmwater Master Plan.

3.  Public Education (phase II of NPDES requires this)
Sisskin agreed to write a section on Public Education. Lepo indicated he had not received an email from Sisskin as of today's meeting.

4.2  Design Flexibility
Andersen agreed to write a section on Design Flexibility concerning the definition and merits of Design Flexibility.

-- Buffering
Compton agreed to write a section concerning Buffering.

4.3.1  Best Management Practices (BMPs)
The board agreed that the last paragraph, beginning Properly designed..., needs to be moved to the Agricultural Section.

4.4  Buffer Zones
The board agreed to rename section 4,4 Vegetative Buffer Zones and to move section 4.4 into New Construction, Design Flexibility,

4.5  Control Facilities
The board agreed to delete this topic, stating that it had previously been addressed.

4.6  Stop Grandfathering
The board agreed to move section 4.6 Stop Grandfathering to Retrofit.

4.7  TMDLs
Lepo agreed to write an introductory paragraph on what TMDLs are. The board felt the body was too technical and Lepo agreed to agreed to tone down the technical aspects.

5.1.2  Other Runoff Treatment Approaches TYPES OF BMPs
The board agreed to move section 5.1.2 into section 4 and number it 4.3.1.
The board agreed that the remainder of the draft outline will be discussed at the May 22, 2001 meeting.

As previously mentioned, the next meeting will be May 22, 2001 at 5:00 p.m.

Meeting adjourned at 6:44 p.m.