May 10, 2006
The meeting was called to order at 10:07 a.m. with the following members and staff present:
· Mr. Greg Fountain, Chairman
· Mr. Gaius Bruce, Co-Chairman
· Mr. Kenneth Walters, Committee Member
· Ms. Julie Seanor, Committee Member
· Ms. Shirley Brown, Committee Member
· Ms. Sharon A. Bryant, Committee Member
· Ms. Sarah Hernandez, Committee Advisor
· Ms. Beckie Faulkenberry, P&Z Director and Staff to the committee
· Mr. Joshua Dault, Planner I and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Laurie Schulze, Recorder and Staff to the Committee
The following member was absent:
· Ms. Joanne Connor, Committee Member
Mr. Fountain paraphrased the minutes from the April 11, 2006 meeting. Ms. Sharon Bryant moved to accept the minutes. Mr. Gaius Bruce seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
The board then moved on to consider individual cases on the agenda.
The first case was John Duncan Plaza Signage, 2006-NAARB-007. Mr. Lewis Cassida from Plastic Arts Signs presented this project. The board suggested a brick base be constructed around the sign to match the brick buildings on site and for landscaping purposes. Mr. Gaius Bruce moved to approve the project with the change; Mr. Kenneth Walters seconded the motion. The project was approved as presented, with the change.
The second item on the agenda was a presentation by PBS&J. Mr. Scott Henderson made the presentation on the first step in the implementation of infrastructure improvements for the Town Center area. Mr. Henderson outlined the methodology used by PBS&J to size the infrastructure that would be appropriate for the Town Center and then described the recommended improvements. Then there was general discussion on the proposal.
The meeting adjourned at 11:45 a.m.
Minutes approved by the Board on June 13, 2006