June 12, 2007
The meeting was called to order at 3:05 p.m. with the following members and staff present:
· Mr. Greg Fountain, Chairman
· Mr. Gaius Bruce, Co-Chairman
· Ms. Joanne Connor, Committee Member
· Ms. Shirley Brown, Committee Member
· Ms. Sarah Hernandez, Committee Advisor
· Mr. Bill DuBois, Assistant Director and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Laurie Schulze, Record and Staff to the Committee
· Mr. Kenneth Walters, Committee Member
· Ms. Julie Seanor, Committee Member
· Ms. Sharon Bryant, Committee Member
Mr. Greg Fountain paraphrased the minutes from the May 8, 2007 meeting. The minutes were approved without objection.
The board then moved on to consider individual cases on the agenda.
The first case was Publix Shopping Center signage (2007-NAARB-012). There was no representative present, so the board moved on to the next agenda item.
The second case was The Home Depot (2007-NAARB-013). Mr. Dan Pellissier with GreenberFarrow presented this project. The Board discussed the lack of an approved architectural style for the proposed building. The garden center screening, color choices, and the signage were all discussed. Mr. Gaius Bruce moved to table this project. Ms. Joanne Connor seconded. The Board unanimously voted to table this project.
The third case was The Doggery (2007-NAARB-014) represented by New Sign Company. Ms. Heather Broussard presented this project. Ms. JoAnne Connor moved to approve the project. Mr. Gaius Bruce seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project.
The board then moved on to consider the Publix Shopping Center signage (2007-NAARB-012). The colors submitted were not allowed color choices; the board recommended the following color changes:
· SW6601 Tanger
· SW2831 Classical Gold
Mr. Gauis Bruce moved to approve the project, with the color changes. Ms. Shirley Brown seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project, with the color changes.
The meeting adjourned at 4:05 p.m.
Minutes approved by the Board on July 10, 2007