October 9, 2007
The meeting was called to order at 3:04 p.m. with the following members and staff present:
· Mr. Greg Fountain, Chairman
· Mr. Gaius Bruce, Co-Chairman
· Mr. Kenneth Walters, Committee Member
· Ms. Joanne Connor, Committee Member
· Ms. Shirley Brown, Committee Member
· Mr. Bill DuBois, Assistant Director and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Laurie Schulze, Recorder and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Julie Seanor, Committee Member
· Ms. Sharon Bryant, Committee Member
· Ms. Sarah Hernandez, Committee Advisor
Mr. Greg Fountain paraphrased the minutes from the September 11, 2007 meeting. The minutes were approved.
The board then moved on to consider individual cases on the agenda.
The first case was free-standing signage and wall signage for The Navarre Conference Center (2007-NAARB-022). This project was presented by Mr. Terry Akens, Southern Signs. Mr. Gaius Bruce made a motion to approve the project as presented. Ms. Shirley Brown seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project, as presented.
The second case was repairs and signage for Ace Hardware (2007-NAARB-023). This project was presented by a representative of Ace Hardware. Ms. Joanne Connor made a motion to approve the project as presented. Mr. Gaius Bruce seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project, as presented.
The Board then moved on to discussing the Palace Apparel Remodel. The Board generally approved the concept, which will be presented formally at a subsequent meeting.
The Board was provided copies of the LDC proposed changes, which will be presented to the Local Planning Board on October 11, 2007.
The meeting adjourned at 3:50 p.m.
Minutes approved by the Board on November 13, 2007