March 11, 2008
The meeting was called to order at 3:05 p.m. with the following members and staff present:
· Mr. Greg Fountain, Chairman
· Mr. Gaius Bruce, Co-Chairman
· Mr. Kenneth Walter, Committee Member
· Ms. Shirley Brown, Committee Member
· Ms. Joanne Connor, Committee Member
· Ms. Sarah Hernandez, Committee Advisory
· Mr. Bill DuBois, Assistant Director and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Laurie Schulze, Recorder and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Julie Seanor, Committee Member
· Ms. Sharon Bryant, Committee Member
Mr. Greg Fountain paraphrased the minutes from the January 8, 2008 meeting. The minutes were approved, with changes.
The board then moved on to consider individual cases on the agenda.
The first case was a request for a single family residence (2008-NAARB-002). Mr. Stan Simmons presented the project. The Board discussed the architectural style, colors, and the previously constructed unit. Ms. Joanne Connor made a motion to approve the case with the following conditions:
· The appearance of the previously constructed unit must be improved to comply with the criteria of the Board’s approval on case 2007-NAARB-002.
· Add accent element around the second story window to be more pronounced
Mr. Gaius Bruce seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project with the conditions.
The second case was Emerald Coast Ice Vending (2008-NAARB-003). Mr. Randy Berry presented the project. The Board discussed the placement of the modular ice dispensing building, the logo colors, the equipment on top of the building. Mr. Kenneth Walters made a motion to approve the case with the following conditions:
· The placement of the modular ice dispensing building be rotated 90 degrees
· The penguins logo and “twice the ice” signage be allowed; all others to be removed
· The base skirt to be painted
· Change the canopy color to black and the base color blue
A new site plan will be e-mailed to Mr. Bill DuBois, Planning and Zoning. A copy will be e-mailed to each Board member for their approval. Ms. Shirley Brown seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project with the conditions.
The meeting adjourned at 4:15 p.m.
Minutes approved by the Board on April 8, 2008