June 10, 2008
The meeting was called to order at 3:00 p.m. with the following members and staff present:
· Mr. Greg Fountain, Chairman
· Ms. Shirley Brown, Committee Member
· Ms. Joanne Connor, Committee Member
· Mr. Kenneth Walter, Committee Member
· Ms. Sharon Bryant, Committee Member
· Ms. Sarah Hernandez, Committee Advisory
· Mr. Joshua Dault, Planner II, Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Laurie Schulze, Recorder and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Julie Seanor, Committee Member
· Mr. Gaius Bruce, Co-Chairman
Mr. Greg Fountain paraphrased the minutes from the May 13, 2008 meeting. The minutes were approved.
The board then moved on to consider individual cases on the agenda.
The first case was Karen Hineman (2008-NAARB-009). Ms. Karen Hineman represented the project. The Board reviewed the proposed site plans and discussed the gravel and the landscaping. Mr. Kenneth Walter made a motion to approve the project with the following changes:
· The crawl space be covered with lattice or hardiplank
· The elevated handicap ramp be covered with the same materials used to cover the crawl space
Ms. Sharon Bryant seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project.
The second case was Navarre Visitor’s Center (2008-NAARB-010). Mr. Larry Williams, New Sign Company, represented the project. Ms. Joanne Connor made a motion to approve the project with a change:
· The color for the skirt of the sign be changed to match one of the colors on the base of the building
Mr. Kenneth Walter seconded. The Board unanimously approved the project with the change.
The meeting adjourned at 3:35 p.m.
Minutes approved by the Board on August 12, 2008