Public Works

Beginning Monday May 1, 2023, animal burial fees will go up. See "Animal Concerns" below

Beginning Fri., Dec. 3, any work or request requiring a visit to the public works office will be by appointment only on Fridays. 

Current road closures and projects

Current Road and Bridge Closures

Request service on a county-maintained roadway

Santa Rosa County Public Works responds to requests on all county-maintained roadways. Road-maintainers may be researched online at road-maintainer application. Submit a Work Order Request online at

After-hours non-emergencies

If you are currently experiencing an emergency, contact emergency management or dial 911. For after-hours non-emergencies (trees or other debris in road from a storm, etc.), contact emergency management at (850) 983-5372.

If the road is not county-maintained, contact the maintainer of record:

Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
(I-10, Avalon Boulevard, Highways 4, 87, 89, and 90, Navarre Parkway, and Gulf Breeze Parkway)
(850) 981-3000

City of Milton    City of Gulf Breeze    Escambia County Public Works    Town of Jay


Horse Photo - black horse with a pink bridle stands in a green field with blue skies

Animal Burials

Public Works provides large animal burial service. On May 1, 2023, the fee for this service will be $250 for the first animal and $25 for each additional animal Monday through Thursday during business hours and $500 plus $25 for each additional animal after hours and Friday through Sunday. Cash or checks payable to Santa Rosa County are accepted. For Monday through Thursday service during business hours, request animal burial service. For after-hours and Friday through Sunday service, contact our emergency management office at (850) 983-5372.

Animal Removals

The county may remove deceased animals from the drive lanes on county-maintained roads. For service during business hours, please submit a request for work.  For after hours and Friday through Sunday service, contact our emergency management office at at (850) 983-5372. 

The county also addresses beaver concerns whereby a dam may block standard drainage channels.


Mosquito concerns may be directed to Santa Rosa County Mosquito Control or call (850) 981-7135.

Paint from road striping that splashes on a vehicle may be removed with warm water and soap. Should you require additional assistance, call us at 850-626-0191 and we will assist you in contacting our striping contractor.

Pollution discharge reports may be directed to Santa Rosa County Engineering.

Railroad concerns maybe directed to public works for investigation and potential submission to Florida Gulf and Atlantic Rail as needed

Sign requests for private roads may be directed to Gulf Coast Traffic Engineers.

Street name change requests may be directed to Santa Rosa County Addressing Department.

Street security lamps that are malfunctioning should be reported to Florida Power and Light.

Vacation Requests: A vacation request is required when a citizen desires for the county to release ownership or maintenance responsibility of publicly owned property. Vacation requests for Santa Rosa County-owned land are processed by administration, (850) 983-1877.