- Procurement Office
Consistent with the strategic priorities of the Board of County Commissioners, the procurement department, led by the procurement officer and supported by the senior administrative assistant, will perform the planning, organization, development and coordination of the procurement activities for the organization. The department is responsible for the procurement functions of the Board of County Commissioners under the direction of the office of management and budget. It provides professional support services and sound guidance to all stakeholders involving procurement of professional services, consultants, equipment, supplies, construction, capital improvements and equipment and other applicable activities. Some of the key responsibilities of the procurement department are to;
- Promote the timely procurement of all goods, supplies and services needed, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and procurement policies and procedures by reviewing and monitoring procurements conducted by any designee, department, agency or official.
- Maintain the integrity of the public procurement process.
- Continuously review policies and procedures governing procurement in order to improve upon and standardize the processes.
- Recommend policies to the Board of County Commissioners regarding the procurement of goods, supplies and services.
- Effectively communicate purchasing policies and procedures to personnel and interpret said policies and procedures as necessary.
- Ensure purchasing practices are consistent, open, and designed to encourage maximum competition and best value procurements.
- Research market sources and vendors to locate and ensure most cost effective and competitive pricing for the purchase of supplies and services.
- Formulate, in conjunction with using departments, short-term and long-term strategic procurement plans in order to maximize buying power and minimize inefficiencies.
- Prepare and issue solicitation documents.
- Maintain open communications with the supplier community to provide a comprehensive understanding of the procurement practices and maintain supplier confidence.
- Receive and evaluate proposals and bids; award or recommend the award of contracts to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Develop and align the strategic priorities of the department consistent with those of the Board of County Commissioners.
Access bids and request for proposals for consultants, service providers, contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
Vendor Registration Application
Fill out and submit the Vendor Registration Application.