Appointed by the Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners, the county administrator acts as the chief administrative officer for the county and is responsible to the board for the day-to-day operations of county government.
The county administrator's main duties include:
- Assisting the commission in establishing long and short term goals and objectives for the county
- Assuring the commissioner's directives are conducted thoroughly and efficiently
- Coordinating efforts with other state, federal, county, municipal and non-profit agencies
- Drafting a recommended county annual operating budget for the board
- Preparing commission meeting agendas
- Preparing policy recommendations for commissioners' approval
Department directors and staff work under the county administrator to provide a wide variety of services to our residents as directed by the policies and procedures established by the board of county commissioners.