Land Development Code Rewrite and Update
Download the LDC Draft Version 2.0 with The Santa Rosa County Land Development Code (LDC) contains regulations that govern how land is developed in the unincorporated areas of Santa Rosa County. The code affects the everyday lives of people in our community in many ways. It addresses everything from zoning, site development, the natural environment and stormwater management to parking, sidewalks, landscaping and architectural design criteria.
Download the Land Development Code comparison white paper.
Download the 2020 Land Development Code with matrix.
What are the Land Development Regulations?
The Land Development Regulations are located in Appendix C of the Santa Rosa County Code of Ordinances which is available on the Land Development Code page.
Why are we updating the Land Development Regulations?In 2017, the Santa Rosa County Board of County Commissioners adopted the 2040 Comprehensive Plan. The comprehensive plan presents a vision for the future, with long-range goals and objectives, for all activities that affect Santa Rosa County. The Land Development Regulations implement the goals, objectives and policies of the comprehensive plan on a day-to-day basis. The current LDR needs to be updated to reflect the new Comprehensive Plan policies.
Goals of the LDR update include:
- Implement the goals, objectives and policies within the 2030 comprehensive plan.
- Modernize the code to better address new uses and initiatives.
- Eliminate unnecessary regulations.
- Encourage the development of quality neighborhoods, communities and businesses.
- Streamline the code and processes to make it easier for realtors, developers and residents to use and understand.
What happens next?
- Fri., Oct. 16 - Staff will release LDC Draft 2.0 with identified strike thru and underline based on comments received from the release of the March 2020 draft publication.
- Thurs., Nov. 12, 6 p.m. - Zoning board discussion - location is the Santa Rosa County Administrative Complex in the commission board room, 6495 Caroline Street in Milton.
- Thurs., Dec. 10, 6 p.m. - Board of county commissioners discussion - location is the Santa Rosa County Administrative Complex in the commission board room, 6495 Caroline Street in Milton.
Subscribe to our Land Development Code updates email subscriber list for notifications.