County Closures and Resources
Santa Rosa County
County departments will coordinate customer service and citizen interactions by appointment only, whenever possible.
Citizens are encouraged to continue to use these alternative options for business with the county as much as possible and are asked not to enter county offices if exhibiting symptoms of the virus. Facilities are disinfected daily and splash guards have been installed to minimize the risk of exposure for citizens and staff. The county will continue to follow the governor’s executive orders and the CDC guidelines of social distancing until further notice, however everyone has a role in the ensuring the county is as safe as possible to remain open.
- Animal services is open for appointment only visits. Make an appointment online or call (850) 983-4680. More information about lost and adoptable pets along with the many programs offered through the shelter can be found at www.santarosa.fl.gov/animals.
- Code enforcement is encouraging citizens to make appointments for office visits, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Staff is also limiting field contact with the public by working primarily from inside code enforcement vehicles if possible. Email email@example.com or call (850) 981-7090 or (850) 981-7034.
- Engineering and environmental departments are open by appointment only, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Plans or submittals may be dropped off outside in the receptacle.
- Facilities management is open Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by appointment only. Citizens may call (850) 983-1940 for an appointment.
- The office of management and budget is working remotely. Staff can be contacted by email: BudgetDepartment@santarosa.fl.gov.
- Public works is open by appointment only Mon. - Thur., 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fri., 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Citizens are encouraged to submit work orders online.
- Veterans services is open by appointment only 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mon. - Fri. at the Milton office and South Service Center. Call (850) 981-7155 for the Milton office and (850) 981-7110 for the South Service Center.
Development services - development services is asking all customers to coordinate interactions with staff by appointment only. The south end office is closed until further notice. Development services is working on an online appointment scheduler. Until it is live, call (850) 981-7000 to schedule an appointment. Appointments will only be taken at the Milton office. Small permit submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions may continue to be dropped off at the drop boxes at the Milton office and staff will place items in the pick-up boxes if notified prior to arrival.
- Members of the public are encouraged (not required) to wear a mask when entering a county facility. Masks will be available at the entry point of both locations.
- Citizens exposed to COVID-19 or experiencing a fever and/or a cough are asked to not enter the offices.
Facilities management is working diligently to provide residents with access to county facilities in a safe and responsible manner. The ACITVE Net online reservation system is not active, contact facilities management at (850) 983-1940 for any reservations.
- Indoor facilities (community centers and county auditorium)
- Capacity has been reduced to accommodate social distancing. Each indoor facility has been mapped to reflect chair placement every six feet. See example here.
- Only one event per day can be scheduled to allow for the cleaning of the facility after the event or before the next day’s event
- Staff is working with renters to reschedule events if a facility has multiple reservations for the same day. Refunds are also being offered.
- Outdoor facilities (pavilions)
- Reservations for outdoor facilities will not be taken until further notice due to the inability to establish social distancing "seating." Additionally, there is no way to disinfect/clean the outdoor facilities.
- Outdoor facilities will remain open for public use as first come, first served.
- Refunds are being processed for existing reservations.
- Park restrooms and Navarre Park splash pad
- All restrooms in county parks and the splash pad are open and normal cleaning routines/maintenance procedures will resume.
- Water fountains in county-owned facilities
- All water fountains will be shut off for the safety of citizens and employees.
- Agents are accepting appointments for in-person consultations at the extension office. To schedule an appointment, call (850) 623-3868 or email email@example.com. All online programs, meetings, events and Facebook events are being held.
- All volunteers associated with the extension garden and greenhouse have limited times of volunteering at these sites. Contact the horticulture agent in charge of the master gardener program by phone or email for additional details and scheduling.
- Services such as, soil samples, plant samples or identification are still available through communicating by phone or online.
- Soil samples forms available for pick up at the front door along with the online services informational card.
- All libraries are open for curbside service and limited computer use on weekdays, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Visit our website to browse and/or reserve books and periodicals as well as access free online resources, including eBooks, eAudiobooks and databases.
- Place holds for items online and get notified when they are ready for pick up. For instructions on how to place a hold, click here or call 981-READ.
- If your library account is blocked, contact your library for assistance.
- Curbside pickup of reserved items is available during open hours.
- All items must be returned in the outside book drops.
- Donations of books, etc. is currently not accepted. Do not leave them outside the libraries.
- All payments for overdue books must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card.
- Computers/Internet Access
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed inside libraries to use the computers.
- Computer sessions are limited to one hour with no extensions. Reservations are not required.
- Masks are strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer and a limited number of masks are available.
- Patrons who do not have internet access at home may sit in the parking lot to access the WiFi.
- All library meeting rooms remain closed until further notice.
- Call 981-READ (7323) for questions.
- The office is meeting with the public by appointment only. Call 850-981-8900 to make an appointment with each staff member individually from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The visitor center is open to the public for walk-in traffic from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.