County Closures and Resources
Santa Rosa County
County departments will coordinate customer service and citizen interactions by appointment only, whenever possible.
Citizens are encouraged to continue to use these alternative options for business with the county as much as possible and are asked not to enter county offices if exhibiting symptoms of the virus. Facilities are disinfected daily and splash guards have been installed to minimize the risk of exposure for citizens and staff. The county will continue to follow the governor’s executive orders and the CDC guidelines of social distancing until further notice, however everyone has a role in the ensuring the county is as safe as possible to remain open.
- Animal services is open for appointment only visits. Make an appointment online or call (850) 983-4680. More information about lost and adoptable pets along with the many programs offered through the shelter can be found at www.santarosa.fl.gov/animals.
- Code enforcement is encouraging citizens to make appointments for office visits, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Staff is also limiting field contact with the public by working primarily from inside code enforcement vehicles if possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 981-7090 or (850) 981-7034.
- Engineering and environmental departments are open by appointment only, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Plans or submittals may be dropped off outside in the receptacle.
- Facilities management is open Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by appointment only. Citizens may call (850) 983-1940 for an appointment.
- The office of management and budget is working remotely. Staff can be contacted by email: BudgetDepartment@santarosa.fl.gov.
- Public works is open by appointment only Mon. - Thur., 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fri., 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Citizens are encouraged to submit work orders online.
- Veterans services is open by appointment only 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mon. - Fri. at the Milton office and South Service Center. Call (850) 981-7155 for the Milton office and (850) 981-7110 for the South Service Center.
Development services - development services is asking all customers to coordinate interactions with staff by appointment only. The south end office is closed until further notice. Development services is working on an online appointment scheduler. Until it is live, call (850) 981-7000 to schedule an appointment. Appointments will only be taken at the Milton office. Small permit submissions can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Submissions may continue to be dropped off at the drop boxes at the Milton office and staff will place items in the pick-up boxes if notified prior to arrival.
- Members of the public are encouraged (not required) to wear a mask when entering a county facility. Masks will be available at the entry point of both locations.
- Citizens exposed to COVID-19 or experiencing a fever and/or a cough are asked to not enter the offices.
Facilities management is working diligently to provide residents with access to county facilities in a safe and responsible manner. The ACITVE Net online reservation system is not active, contact facilities management at (850) 983-1940 for any reservations.
- Indoor facilities (community centers and county auditorium)
- Capacity has been reduced to accommodate social distancing. Each indoor facility has been mapped to reflect chair placement every six feet. See example here.
- Only one event per day can be scheduled to allow for the cleaning of the facility after the event or before the next day’s event
- Staff is working with renters to reschedule events if a facility has multiple reservations for the same day. Refunds are also being offered.
- Outdoor facilities (pavilions)
- Reservations for outdoor facilities will not be taken until further notice due to the inability to establish social distancing "seating." Additionally, there is no way to disinfect/clean the outdoor facilities.
- Outdoor facilities will remain open for public use as first come, first served.
- Refunds are being processed for existing reservations.
- Park restrooms and Navarre Park splash pad
- All restrooms in county parks and the splash pad are open and normal cleaning routines/maintenance procedures will resume.
- Water fountains in county-owned facilities
- All water fountains will be shut off for the safety of citizens and employees.
- Agents are accepting appointments for in-person consultations at the extension office. To schedule an appointment, call (850) 623-3868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All online programs, meetings, events and Facebook events are being held.
- All volunteers associated with the extension garden and greenhouse have limited times of volunteering at these sites. Contact the horticulture agent in charge of the master gardener program by phone or email for additional details and scheduling.
- Services such as, soil samples, plant samples or identification are still available through communicating by phone or online.
- Soil samples forms available for pick up at the front door along with the online services informational card.
- The Santa Rosa County Library System has re-opened with temporary hours of 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday at all locations.
- Libraries are open to the public for browsing and computer use.
- Advanced computer reservations are not required
- All library meeting rooms remain closed until further notice.
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed inside library buildings at a time.
- Masks are encouraged. Hand sanitizing stations are available.
- Curbside pickup is still available; patrons are encouraged to use this service.
- All items must be returned in the outside book drops.
- Call 981-READ (7323) for questions.
- To keep our libraries safe for both patrons and staff, the library system has implemented the following changes:
- Library Facilities
- Patrons may enter the library for computer use only.
- Browsing is not allowed at this time to help slow the spread and ensure patrons receive physical library items in the safest way possible.
- A limited number of computers will be available to allow for social distancing.
- Computer sessions are limited to one hour with no extensions. Reservations are available but not required.
- Masks are strongly encouraged; a limited number of masks are available for patrons to use.
- Visit the library system’s website for free online resources, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, databases, and more.
- Meeting Rooms remain closed until further notice.
- All library materials must be returned via book drops.
- NO donations are being accepted at this time.
- Curbside Service
- Curbside pickup will continue.
- Place holds for items online and get notified when they are ready for pick up.
- Hours for curbside service and computer use are Mon. – Fri. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Library Facilities
- Summer Reading:
- All programs will be online. Visit the summer reading page or call 981-READ (7323).
- Other library services
- Patrons who do not have internet access at home may sit in the parking lot to access the WiFi.
- The library website includes a wide variety of free eSources cardholders can access from home, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, educational resources, and more.
- If your account is blocked, preventing you from accessing these online resources, contact your library for assistance.
- Donations of books and other materials will not be accepted until further notice. Do not leave them outside the libraries.
- All bill payments must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card until further notice.
- The office is meeting with the public by appointment only. People are welcome to call 850-981-8900 to make an appointment with each staff member individually from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The visitor center is open to the public for walk-in traffic from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.