Santa Rosa County Emergency Management
COVID-19 update #11 - Mon., Mar. 23
Note, this is a rapidly evolving event, for up-to-the-minute updates from organizations outside of the BOCC, visit their web sites.
Santa Rosa County
- Find information on updated operations at Santa Rosa County offices as well as information for constitutional officers, the school board, municipalities and other agencies here.
- All county parks are open for the public to enjoy walking and running with exception of parks on the island of Navarre Beach. View Navarre Beach closure information here.
- The public is discouraged from using playground equipment as the means to keep equipment sanitized at all times is not possible. All restrooms at county parks are closed until further notice.
- View community event cancellations and postponements here.
Santa Rosa County has enacted ESF 18 in conjunction with the Economic Development Office to provide guidance and coordinate issues with Santa Rosa County’s business community in all phases of emergency management
- SantaRosaReady.com has been created to serve as a clearinghouse for all business needs including information on how to apply for bridge loans
- Even if you haven’t yet been impacted financially by COVID19 we encourage all business owners in Santa Rosa County to complete the surveys on SantaRosaReady.com and register with the SBDC.
Other County Updates
- The board of county commissioners (BOCC) will meet for its regular board meeting at 9 a.m., Thurs., Mar. 26. The agenda and supporting materials are published here. This meeting will be streamed live and archived online and utilizing this method of communications technology may be preferred.Seating is limited due to CDC recommendations of social distancing. A public input form is available for input/comment on individual agenda items or to bring forward issues to be heard at public forum. The single meeting format (all business completed at regular meetings on Thursdays) will be continued through April.
The following meetings have been cancelled:
- RESTORE meeting, Tues., Mar. 24
- BOCC Special Rezoning Meeting, Thurs., Mar. 26
- Tourism Development Council, Thurs., Apr. 2
- Library Advisory Board Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 2
- BOCC Committee Meeting, Mon., Apr. 6
- Building Code Board of Adjustments, Wed., Apr. 8
- Zoning Board Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 9
- Fire Department Executive Group Meeting, Mon., Apr. 13
- BOCC LDC Review Meeting, Tues., Apr. 14
- Local Mitigation Strategy Plan Public Meeting, Tues., Apr. 14.
- Public Safety Coordinating Council Meeting, Wed., Apr. 15
- Local Mitigation Strategy Plan Public Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 16
- BOCC Committee Meeting, Mon., Apr. 20
- Commission Special - Rezoning Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 23
- Local Mitigation Strategy Task Force, Thurs., Apr. 23
The following meetings are still scheduled and will be held in the County Administrative Center boardroom, 6495 Caroline Street in Milton, unless otherwise indicated:
- Marine Advisory, Tues., Apr. 7, 5 p.m.
- Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 9, 9 a.m.
- Aviation Advisory Committee, Wed., Apr. 15, 5 p.m.
- LOST Committee Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 16, 9 a.m.
- Bagdad Architectural Advisory Board, Wed., Apr. 22, 8:30 a.m.
in the Public Services Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy. in Milton
- Parks and Recreation, Wed., Apr. 22, 5:30 p.m.
- Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 23, 9 a.m.
- The property appraiser’s office is now closed to the public.The Property Appraiser has added a live chat function to their website allowing taxpayers the opportunity to chat with a staff member regarding properties within the county or with website assistance.
Clerk of Courts
- The Clerks office is suspending the application process for passports and marriage licenses until further notice.
- In-person payments at the courthouse for fines and fees are suspended until further notice. Individuals wanting to pay their fines and fees can call the Clerks office at (850) 981-5554, use the website or mail in payments.
- For more frequent updates, see: https://www.santarosa.k12.fl.us.
- Feeding sites will be set up throughout the county for any child up to 18 (21 if special needs), regardless of free/reduced lunch status.
- Students must be present to receive a meal.
- Parents/guardians can’t request additional meals for children at home.
- Breakfast/lunch feeding program school sites drive thru service began 3/23 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Milton High - bus ramp on Raymond Hobbs Lane
- East Milton Elementary - bus ramp in front of school
- Bagdad Elementary - bus ramp area
- TR Jackson - parent pickup area
- Benny Russell Elementary - bus ramp area
- Berryhill Elementary - bus ramp
- Jay Elementary - bus loop on Alabama Street
- Central School - parent pickup area
- Pea Ridge Elementary - parent pickup lane
- Holly Navarre Primary - parent pickup area
- Breakfast/lunch feeding program off-site locations:
- Living Truth Church (Pace - Chumuckla)
- Midway Fire Station, 1322 College Parkway
- Bus stop at 3144 Auburn Way (Milton)
- Bus stop at 7596 Blackjack Circle (Navarre)
- Blackwater Baptist (Munson)
- Santa Gurtrudas Drive (East Milton, south of I-10)
- Permenter Road (East Milton, north of I-10)
- Skyline (Milton)
- Intersection of Syrcle and Judy
- Intersection of Syrcle and Julia
- Intersection of Skyline and Eva
- Intersection of Syrcle and Gaynell
- Bell Ridge Apartments (Pea Ridge)
- Santa Villa (Pea Ridge)
City of Milton
- All restrooms located in City of Milton parks facilities are closed until further notice.
- Federal Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources are available for Florida and listed on the city’s website.
Baptist Health Care
- Baptist Health Care now offers a screening center to evaluate people with respiratory illness and COVID-19 symptoms. The center’s focus is to provide a more comprehensive treatment program by screening those who may have COVID-19 and treating people with Flu-A, Flu-B, pneumonia or other respiratory illnesses.
- All individuals with respiratory symptoms - such as cough, fever and shortness of breath - can set up an appointment with the Screening Center by contacting their Baptist Medical Group - Primary Care provider office. An appointment is required to visit the center.
- The Baptist Medical Group office will assess a person’s symptoms to determine if a visit to the clinic is needed.
- If they meet the criteria, an appointment will be scheduled.
- They will be given a phone number to call upon their arrival.
- Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles and a BMG team member will great them and escort them to the clinic.
- For more information visit eBaptistHealthCare.org.
Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Special use permits for activities have been cancelled.
- The Naval Live Oaks Area Soundside (south of Highway 98) is closed.
- The Santa Rosa areas of the Gulf Islands National Seashore are closed until further notice. This includes the Opal Beach complex and Highway 399 between Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach.
- Where it is possible to adhere to the latest health guidance, park beaches, islands, hiking trails, fishing piers, and campgrounds remain open at this time.
- All ranger led programs have been cancelled.
- The Naval Live Oaks Exhibit Area at park headquarters is closed.
- The restrooms in Clusters A & E at Opal Beach are closed.
Florida State Parks
- The Department of Environmental Protection has closed all Florida state parks to the public effective Mon., Mar. 23.
- For continuous updates, follow Florida State Parks on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For additional information on Florida State Parks, please contact 850-245-2157.
- CareerSource Escarosa offices are closed to the public until further notice. Center staff will remain available to serve job seekers and others by phone, online and any other electronic means possible.
- Residents are encouraged to use internet-based services such aswww.employflorida.com, www.floridajobs.org, and to call the office for telephone assistance and work with one of the advisors. Those needing to initiate or manage a reemployment claim for benefits will find the link to the CONNECT system here.
- Information for job seekers here.
- Information for employers here.
Florida Department of Health
- To keep Florida residents and visitors safe, informed and aware about the status of the virus, visit the DOH COVID-19 dashboard.
- For the most up-to-date information, monitor the Florida DOH’s COVID-19 webpage, call COVID-19 24/7 Call Center, (866) 779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com.
# # #