Capital projects are a major driver of tourism to the area for both locals and visitors, benefiting both Santa Rosa County and the project owners. The goal of the Capital Project Funding Program is to create a sense of place and deliver a unique experience that enhances tourism visitation, economic impact and community vitality.
The program is open to county projects, municipalities and non-government organizations (privately owned) in Santa Rosa County. Funding may be applied for new construction, expansions, renovations or major equipment.
Applications are available at the Santa Rosa County Tourist Development Office, 8543 Navarre Pkwy. in Navarre and online. The funding cycle runs Aug. 1 - Sept. 30. Applications are due by Sept. 30.
- If funded, applicant must wait three years before requesting additional and/or new capital project funding.
- Projects must be past design phase to qualify for funds.
- Permits must be attainable by applicants.
- Match funds must be in hand. Real cash, either as donations or actual grant dedications, not in-kind.
- Cities are eligible for a 40% match up to $150,000.
- Non-government organizations are eligible for a 50% match up to $50,000.
- Prioritization is limited to a yearly basis due to budget projections.
- Projects not funded must resubmit on an annual basis.
For additional information or questions contact Nicole Dees, tourism information specialist, at 850-981-8900 or NicoleD@santarosa.fl.gov.
# # #