The UF/IFAS Peanut Butter Challenge, an annual collection event for local food pantries that launched in the Florida Panhandle in 2012, is again spreading statewide this year. In 2020, citizens of Santa Rosa donated 1,273 jars (1,706 lbs.) of peanut butter to the challenge.
Bring unopened jars of peanut butter through Nov. 24 to the UF/IFAS Extension office, 6263 Dogwood Drive in Milton from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Other collection sites in Santa Rosa County (SRC) include:
- UF/IFAS SRC Jay Office, 5258 Booker Ln. in Jay
- All Santa Rosa County Libraries in Jay, Pace, Milton, Navarre and Gulf Breeze
- The SRC Administration Complex, 6495 Caroline St. in Milton
- SRC South Service Center, 5841 Gulf Breeze Pkwy. in Gulf Breeze
- SRC Visitors Center, 8543 Navarre Pkwy. in Navarre
- Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, 4315 Avalon Blvd. in Milton
- Acceleration Fitness, 3104 Gulf Breeze Pkwy. in Gulf Breeze
For more information or if businesses and civic or church organizations are interested in collecting, contact Chris Verlinde, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Salinas, email@example.com, 850-623-3868. A peanut butter collection box will be provided.
# # #