Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Amnesty Day will be held Sat., Apr. 15, 2023 from 8 a.m. to noon at the South Santa Rosa Service Center, 5841 Gulf Breeze Pkwy. in Gulf Breeze. This event allows residents to dispose of HHW at no charge without having to drive to the Central Landfill in Milton.
Residents may be required to remove items from their vehicles. Remember, HHW items can cause injury if handled improperly. These items usually have a warning or cautionary statement on their labels, such as flammable, corrosive, poison or toxic. The following items will be accepted and should never be disposed of with household garbage:
- up to five regular car or truck tires per vehicle, no large, heavy-duty or racing tires are accepted
- up to five gallons of antifreeze, gasoline, paint, solvents, and oil (including cooking oil)
- oil filters
- pesticides and fertilizers
- pool chemicals and household cleaners
- battery backups, rechargeable batteries (from vehicles, lawnmowers, laptops, cellphones, coin cells) no alkaline batteries!
- propane bottles
- aerosol cans
- flat-screen monitors and flat-screen TVs only
- computers, laptops, tablets, cellphones
- stereos, radios, amplifiers
- printers, copiers, fax machines, circuit boards
- power tools and extension cords
- DVD/DVR players
- remotes and gaming systems
- up to 20 fluorescent light bulbs
- fire extinguishers
- approved sharps containers - bring a full sharps container for proper disposal and receive a free replacement container
Conditionally exempt small-quantity generators (small businesses, schools and growers, etc.) will be accepted at a reduced rate. CESQG waste is accepted by appointment only. Call (850) 981-7135 by 12 p.m. the day before the event to schedule a drop-off time.
Waste tires will also be accepted at the South Santa Rosa Service Center, during Household Waste Amnesty Day. A maximum of five (5) tires per Santa Rosa County resident will be accepted free of charge with a photo ID as proof of residency. Tires from commercial shops and vendors will not be accepted. Residents can drop off tires during HHW Amnesty day event hours 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Santa Rosa residents can dispose of household hazardous waste, including sharps, Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the HHW center at the entrance to the Central Landfill, 6337 Da Lisa Road in Milton. Regular, light duty, truck or car tires are accepted for $5 each, year-round.
Amnesty Day is made possible by Santa Rosa County in cooperation with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the Okaloosa County Environmental Office. For more information, contact (850) 981-7135.
# # #