Memorial Day Events in Santa Rosa County
The Veterans Memorial Plaza's annual Memorial Day ceremony will be held Mon., May 29 at 10 a.m., at 5191 Willing Street in Milton, in remembrance of the brave men and women who gave their lives while serving our country.
The ceremony will feature:
- Present colors: Milton High School Navy Junior ROTC
- Invocation: Pastor Brian Dieda, Pleasant Home Baptist Church
- National Anthem: Milton High School Chorus
- Post colors: Milton High School Navy Junior ROTC
- Proclamations: Santa Rosa County Commissioner Kerry Smith, District 2 and City of Milton, Mayor Heather Lindsey
- Unveiling Gold Star Monument:
- Tina Tuttle, President, Florida Garden Clubs
- Pat Cummins, President Milton Garden Club
- Jenny Weber, Director, Florida Federation of
- Garden Clubs District 1
- Bill Walter, Chairman, Gold Star Marker and Gold Star Parent
- Keynote Speaker: Captain Paul N. Flores, Commanding Officer NAS Whiting Field
- Wreath Presentation by Veterans Organizations
- Taps: Milton High School Band
- Benediction: Pastor Jim Liberacki, East Side Baptist Church
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be canceled.
In the south end of the county, a Memorial Day ceremony will be held Mon., May 29 at 11 a.m. at Navarre Park, 8513 Navarre Parkway in Navarre. The Navarre High School Honor Guard and Navy Junior ROTC will provide the color guard, national anthem singers and buglers for Taps. Colonel (Ret.) Kenneth Rodriguez will be the guest speaker and various local organizations will lay wreaths in memoriam.
Santa Rosa County Holiday Closures
The following offices will be closed Mon., May 29 for Memorial Day:
- Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners including the library system, animal services and the Central Landfill.
- Santa Rosa County 9-1-1 dispatch, Lifeguard Ambulance Service and fire departments are open daily.
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Court
- Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser
- Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector
# # #