COVID-19 Update #24 - Thur., Apr. 9Santa Rosa County
- There will not be an email update for Good Friday. Updates resume Apr. 13.
- Animal Services has launched a new "Fetch A Friend” no-contact adoption program, to help potential adopters find a new pet while maintaining safe social distancing. The process is simple and convenient:
- View available animals online.
- Complete the online adoption application.
- The shelter will call to set up an appointment to bring the animal out to your car in the shelter parking lot, or deliver the animal to your home in the county.
- The shelter will call a week later to check in and finalize the adoption.
- In addition, reduced fees for adoptable pets has been extended through the end of April. Cats/kittens are $10 and dogs/puppies are $25. Pets that have completed treatments for heartworms are free. All are spayed or neutered.
For details, visit www.santarosa.fl.gov/animals or call 850-983-4680.
Good Friday Updates
- Santa Rosa County BOCC offices, Tax Collector, Property Appraiser and Supervisor of Elections will be closed in observance of Good Friday on Fri., Apr. 10. The landfill will be open regular hours and 9-1-1 is always operational.
- The city of Gulf Breeze and the Town of Jay will be closed. Milton is open.
- ECUA customer service office and drive through will be closed.
- Police, Sheriff's Office, fire and EMS remain open 24/7/365.
Early Learning Coalition First Responder/Health Care Worker Child Care
- First responders and health care workers living in Santa Rosa County are immediately eligible for subsidized child care from the state of Florida. The Early Learning Coalition of Santa Rosa County is standing by to explain the details of the program.
- The program is for children ages birth to age 12.
- Program begins April 1; the clients' 90 days begins when they are enrolled.
- The coalition is responsible for paying most of the costs, however, parents are still responsible for paying any rate differentials a provider might have.
- Florida residents only.
- Contact the Early Learning Coalition of Santa Rosa County or call 850-983-5313.
# # #