COVID-19 Update #25 - Mon., Apr. 13Santa Rosa County
- “The board of county commissioners is confident in the public health response of our partners at the state and encourages everyone to continue with best practices of thorough hand washing, limited public interaction and social distancing,” said Chairman Don Salter, District 3. “We understand the negative effect current restrictions are having on the economy and will follow the guidance of the Florida Department of Health and the governor. We encourage our business partners to visit www.santarosaready.com for access to resources that can help them overcome economic impact of COVID-19."
- The Santa Rosa County Office of Public Safety continues to coordinate resources with our local healthcare providers and work closely with Florida Department of Health, the state lead in public health and pandemic response.
- Both public safety staff and local Florida Department of Health officials are coordinating with administrators at long-term care/nursing home facilities and correctional institutions through regular updates.
- The Florida Department of Corrections is responsible for information disclosure at a correctional institutions, PublicAffairs@fdc.myflorida.com.
- The state surgeon general is responsible for information disclosure at long-term care and nursing home facilities, NewsMedia@flhealth.gov.
- The Aviation Advisory meeting scheduled for Wed., Apr. 15 has been cancelled.
Early Learning Coalition First Responder/Health Care Worker Child Care
- First responders and health care workers living in Santa Rosa County are immediately eligible for subsidized child care from the state of Florida. The Early Learning Coalition of Santa Rosa County is standing by to explain the details of the program.
- The program is for children ages birth to age 12.
- Program begins April 1; the clients' 90 days begins when they are enrolled.
- The coalition is responsible for paying most of the costs, however, parents are still responsible for paying any rate differentials a provider might have.
- Florida residents only.
- Contact the Early Learning Coalition of Santa Rosa County or call 850-983-5313.
# # #