State, FEMA continue work on Hurricane Sally recovery
Federal funding totals $204.9 million
The deadline for individuals and households to apply for FEMA disaster assistance has passed, but work on Florida’s recovery from Hurricane Sally continues.
Survivors in Bay, Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton counties who registered with FEMA can check the status of their applications, ask questions and get information in several ways:
- By visiting DisasterAssistance.gov
- Using the FEMA App for smartphones
- Calling 800-621-3362 (800-462-7585 TTY). Multilingual operators are available. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should provide FEMA with their specific phone number assigned to that service.
Survivors who were unable to register before the deadline and who can provide justification for late registration may contact FEMA and request consideration for disaster assistance.
As of Dec. 1, 2020, $204.9 million in federal grants, loans and flood insurance payments have been approved for homeowners, renters and businesses in the five counties. This includes:
- $29.2 million in FEMA grants for 7,154 individuals and households.
- $64.7 million in disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration for 1,644 businesses, homeowners and renters.
- 4,459 National Flood Insurance Program claims filed; $111 million paid to policyholders.
FEMA Disaster Survivor Assistance teams helped more than 2,400 residents register for FEMA assistance and provided more than 4,600 referrals to other agencies and voluntary organizations for unmet needs.
FEMA continues to coordinate with the State of Florida on reimbursement for emergency services, debris removal and repair or replacement of damaged public infrastructure, and for funding to mitigate against losses from future storms.
For more information about Hurricane Sally recovery in Florida, visit the FEMA disaster webpage at www.fema.gov/disaster/4564 or the Florida Division of Emergency Management webpage at www.floridadisaster.org/info/Sally/.
# # #
FEMA’s mission: Helping people before, during, and after disasters.