Hurricane Michael Update #5
Updated information is highlighted.
- Santa Rosa County Emergency Operations Center is currently at a Level 2 and will return to its usual Level 3 (monitoring) as soon as shelters close.
- Improvements in the weather will allow the shelters to close as soon as winds subside late this afternoon.
REOPENINGSSanta Rosa County Offices and Services
NAS Whiting Field
- Santa Rosa County BOCC including the library, animal shelter and Central Landfill, Clerk of Court, Tax Collector, Property Appraiser and Supervisor of Elections offices will reopen Thurs. for regular hours.
- Lifeguards will return to the beach Thurs. for regular hours (10 a.m. to 6 p.m)
- The pier will reopen Thurs. after it is inspected.
Building inspections delays are still likely through the end of the week.
The Transportation Disadvantaged program will resume on Thurs., Oct. 11.
- The base medical clinic and pharmacy will reopen Thurs., Oct. 11 at 7 a.m. Further updates will be sent by the NAS Whiting Field.
- Navarre - Services will resume Thurs., Oct. 11. If your garbage is normally serviced on Wed. you will be serviced Sat. Recycling and yard waste collection will run one day behind. Wed. will be service on Thurs., Thurs. serviced on Fri. and Fri. serviced on Sat.
- Gulf Breeze - Collection services will resume Thurs., Oct. 11. All collections will run one day behind for the remainder of the week.
- Offices will reopen Thurs., Oct. 11; call 850-365-1900 with any questions.
City of Milton
- State courts in Santa Rosa will resume Thurs., Oct. 11.
- Domestic violence Injunction hearings set for Oct. 10 are rescheduled to Oct. 17.
- VOP hearings before Judge Hilliard set for Oct. 9 are rescheduled to Oct. 24 at 2:30 p.m.
- Misdemeanor arraignments set before Judge Giraud on Oct. 9 are rescheduled to Oct. 30 at 1 p.m.
- VOP hearings before Judge Giraud set for Oct. 10 are rescheduled to Oct. 31 at 8:30 a.m.
- Docket day before Judge Giraud set for Oct. 10 is rescheduled to Oct. 17 at 1:30 p.m.
- The truancy docket before Judge Ross Goodman set for Oct. 10 is rescheduled to Nov. 7 at 3 p.m.
Criminal motion hearings before Judge Rimmer set for Oct. 10 are rescheduled to Oct. 15.
For further updates, follow the First Circuit at https://twitter.com/1stCircuitFL or @1stCircuitFL or visit www.firstjudicialcircuit.org.
Santa Rosa Public Schools
- City of Milton offices will reopen Thurs.
- City garbage services will resume Thurs. normal schedule.
Pensacola State College Council on Aging of West Florida
- District schools and offices, including extracurricular activities will resume Thurs. with normal operations.
- Parents who may have evacuated should contact their local school for absence approval.
Gulf Islands National Seashore
- COAWF will resume all services Thurs., Oct. 11.
Florida Forestry Service
- The Fort Pickens, Perdido Key, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa Areas remain closed.
- Further updates will be sent by the National Parks Service.
Department of Health in Santa Rosa County
- Florida Forest Service offices, recreation and day-use areas in Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa counties remain closed.
- Further updates will be sent by the Florida Forestry Service.
- Santa Rosa County locations will resume services at regular times Thurs., Oct. 11.
- Call 850-983-5200 to reschedule clinic appointments and 850-564-2248 to reschedule dental appointments
Road Closures/Traffic Conditions
- Garcon Point Bridge and the Navarre Causeway have both reopened after being closed a short while due to tropical storm force winds.
- Tolls for Garcon Point Bridge have been lifted until further notice.
- J. Earle Bowden Way/399 is closed between Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach.
- Choctaw Field Rd. will remain closed until future notice.
- County road and bridge closures are posted online.
- Florida road closures are available at www.fl511.com or a free phone call to 511.
- FDOT has bridge inspection crews on standby for any potential inspections.
- View or report power outages to Gulf Power on their online outage map.
- For Escambia River Cooperative outages, call 877-OUT-EREC (877-688-3732).
- Residents with storm damage can report damage online including submitting photos at www.santarosa.fl.gov or by calling (850) 983-4636.
General Disaster Information
Citizen Information Line
- The Citizens Information Line will close at 4:30 p.m. (850) 983-INFO (4636).
# # #